For three months since the ICRAF/ILRI ICT services unit has been using a new software platform to manage ICT incidents and service requests. To further improve efficiency and quality of ICT support services, I’m delighted to announce that, with effect from Wednesday, January 20, 2016, we will put a new ICT ServiceDesk into operation. The new ServiceDesk will operate daily from 7:45am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday and will offer a single point of contact when reporting any daily IT support issues.
Among the changes in the new system include:
- A common ServiceDesk for ICRAF HQ, ILRI Kenya, and ILRI Ethiopia.
- A single extension (5000) to call ServiceDesk from all locations
- The staff manning the ServiceDesk may be physically located at either of the three locations; this being one location at any one time.
- Ability to leave a voicemail for calls made when the ServiceDesk is busy/engaged.
We encourage you to continue using our automated ticket logging system by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply pick Service desk (ILRI-ICRAF) from the address list. Please use this channel for all requests. If an issue with your computer prevents you from sending an email, you may call the ServiceDesk and a ticket will be generated.
The numbers to call the ServiceDesk will change so please make note of the new numbers:
The new numbers are:
- EXT: 5000 (for callers in ICRAF HQ, ILRI Kenya Campus & ILRI Ethiopia Campus)
- +251 11 617 2500 for callers in other locations in Ethiopia
- +254 711 03 3500 , +254 711 03 4500 , +254 20 422 3500 or +254 20 722 4500 for callers in all other locations.
In case of any queries or comments, do not hesitate to contact Stephe Dean.